18.10.05

Happy Birthday, dear Wynton...


Well, I just found out by chance that today is Mr. Wynton Marsalis birthday (*18. October 1961). While Wynton is withou any doubt a remarkable musician, I have to admit, that I've always been more of a fan of his older brother Branford (* 26. August 1960). Maybe just because he plays the saxophone. Maybe because he seems less stiff than his brother. Maybe because we had a chat at the Randy Brecker concert last year in Estoril (No, I didn´t tell him I played the saxophone myself!). Maybe because I loved his concert the next day and didn't really enjoy Wyntons concert in Vienna that much some years earlier. But someone with this kind of a carreer certainly deserves all our respect. At 19 he was invited to join the Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers. In 1982 he started his solo carreer and has recorded over 40 albums since...
Happy Birthday! Blow that horn ol' boy!

Wynton Marsalis

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

"Happy Birthday! Blow that horn ol' boy!"

hi hi hi...

19/10/05 14:22  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home